Hispanic Americans Are Prospering Under President Trump’s Administration
President Trump’s pro-growth policies have led to record low unemployment for Hispanic Americans.
- The Hispanic unemployment rate has fallen to a
record low of 3.9%.
- The Hispanic unemployment rate has remained under 5% for the past 21 months.
- The Hispanic unemployment rate has fallen below 5% 22 times since President Trump took office, something that had only happened once prior to 2017.
- Since President Trump’s election, the number of Hispanic Americans employed has risen by 2.4 million.
- Hispanic women are winning in the Trump economy.
- The unemployment rate for Hispanic women fell to a record low of 3.6% earlier in 2019.
- More than 1 million Latinas have entered the workforce since President Trump’s election.
Hispanic families are prospering as incomes rise and poverty falls.
- Median income for Hispanic households has
reached a historic high under President Trump, surpassing $50,000 for the first
time on record.
- The percentage of Hispanic households with an income over $200,000 reached a record high in 2018.
- The poverty rate for Hispanic Americans reached
the lowest level on record in 2018.
- Nearly 300,000 Hispanic Americans were lifted out of poverty in 2018.
- The gap between the poverty rate for Hispanic Americans and the overall poverty rate in the United States is the smallest it has ever been.
Hispanic-owned business are thriving and expanding at an incredible pace.
- Three-quarters of Hispanic-owned small businesses expect their revenue to grow over the next year, according to a March 2019 survey by Bank of America.
- 87% percent of Hispanic-owned small businesses plan to expand their operations.
- More than half of all Hispanic-owned small businesses plan to hire more workers.
About The Author