What You Need To Know | President Trump is Leading Efforts to Revitalize America’s Underserved Communities
Today, President Trump held a roundtable in Texas to discuss efforts to build opportunity in minority communities across the country.
· President Trump is working to ensure a holistic revitalization and recovery for underserved communities across the country.
- At President Trump’s direction, the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council is refocusing its efforts to better aid underserved communities on economic, health, and educational issues.
- President Trump established the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council in 2018 to build up forgotten communities.
- The Council has worked to encourage investment in Opportunity Zones, streamline regulatory reforms, expand educational opportunities, promote workforce development, and more.
President Trump is working to deliver economic development to minority communities.
· The Trump Administration is utilizing federal resources to ensure underserved communities have access to funding and investment.
- To help low-income minority communities, the Administration is working to provide access to additional Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funding.
- To ensure these communities receive their PPP, the Administration will also provide essential technical assistance.
- The Administration is working to expand Opportunity Zones to include more economically distressed communities.
President Trump and his Administration are focusing on healthcare disparities impacting minority communities.
- The Trump Administration will work with Congress to make significant investments in minority-serving healthcare institutions.
- The Administration is working to increase access to critical telemedicine and mobile services in underserved areas.
- The President’s team will work towards reforming public health data infrastructure, take action on chronic conditions in at-risk populations, and address food insecurity – all of which will help repair healthcare disparities in our communities.
The President is working to promote safe communities and ensure our justice system works for all Americans.
· President Trump is working to finalize an executive order establishing best practices for law enforcement.
· This effort will also provide law enforcement with guidance on hiring, training and proven strategies for community policing.
· President Trump has taken a smart on crime approach, demonstrated by the historic First Step Act and the Administration’s efforts promoting second chance hiring.
President Trump is promoting educational and workplace development opportunities that can help build a brighter future.
- The President has called on Congress to take action to ensure school choice for all children.
- A child’s future shouldn’t be determined by their zip code.
- The Administration will work to empower disadvantaged and minority students with dual enrollment opportunities, improved career pathway programs, and additional relief for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU’s).
- The Administration is working to ensure incarcerated individuals have the opportunity to successfully rejoin and contribute to their communities through second chance Pell grants.